On2maui

Default Windows cannot find my saved .doc as an email attachment

My operating system is Windows XP Media Edition, Version 2002, After loading
my copy of Office 2000 on it, anytime that I attach a saved Word 2000
document to an outgoing email, the recipient or even myself are not able to
open it. I get a Windows error message telling me that windows cannot find
the specific .doc. and then tells me to make sure that I typed in the name
correctly. My computer came with a trial version of Office 2003 which I just
deleted to see if that corrected my problem. Do I need to reinstall Office
2000 to make sure that the computer defaults to it?

Can anyone help so that my recipients are able to open the attached word doc?

Thank you!