Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] akhibby@gmail.com is offline

Default How to disable document properties prompt?

Trying to find out how to disable the save document properties dialog
box, in this case there's a library of 1,000's of word documents that
a user has to edit. She accesses them through a customised Access
database, needless to say the mere prompt itself is a major
irritation, even if it only prompts her the first time she saves it.

So far I've had no luck turning this 'feature' off, when I set it
through the options save (prompt for document properties) page, it
only prompts the first time she saves it, but since she's literally
saving hundreds a day, it's become a major irrititant.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have "Prompt for document properties" checked, the only time you will
get the prompt is the first time you save. With this option disabled, there
should be no prompt at all ever. If there is one, it's coming from something
other than Word. Is there a document management system in use?

wrote in message
ups.com...
Trying to find out how to disable the save document properties dialog
box, in this case there's a library of 1,000's of word documents that
a user has to edit. She accesses them through a customised Access
database, needless to say the mere prompt itself is a major
irritation, even if it only prompts her the first time she saves it.

So far I've had no luck turning this 'feature' off, when I set it
through the options save (prompt for document properties) page, it
only prompts the first time she saves it, but since she's literally
saving hundreds a day, it's become a major irrititant.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Nov 8, 6:24 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
If you have "Prompt for document properties" checked, the only time you will
get the prompt is the first time you save. With this option disabled, there
should be no prompt at all ever. If there is one, it's coming from something
other than Word. Is there a document management system in use?

Not as such, there's some kind of active X control but the word
documents are menu driven by Access 2003.