Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lisa

Default How do i forward a macro and use it?

my co-worker has 3 macros that work on his machine great. he has forwarded
them through email to me and i have created the macros copied and pasted the
info but word keeps deleting the previous one that i just created and saved.
what am i doing wrong
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you using the Organizer to copy macros from one document/template to
another? Note that the smallest element you can copy is a module; by
default, macros are stored in the NewMacros module in Normal.dot. If you're
copying that entire module, then of course you're overwriting your own. You
can open the VBA Editor and copy just the text of the macro and paste into
your own NewMacros module or into a new module you create.

"lisa" wrote in message
my co-worker has 3 macros that work on his machine great. he has forwarded
them through email to me and i have created the macros copied and pasted

the
info but word keeps deleting the previous one that i just created and

saved.
what am i doing wrong

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lisa

we are opening it from tools, macro, macros, edit: then copying the info
there pasting it in an email and sending to me

"lisa" wrote in message
my co-worker has 3 macros that work on his machine great. he has forwarded
them through email to me and i have created the macros copied and pasted

the
info but word keeps deleting the previous one that i just created and

saved.
what am i doing wrong

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And what are you doing with it after you receive it?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you using the Organizer to copy macros from one document/template to
another? Note that the smallest element you can copy is a module; by
default, macros are stored in the NewMacros module in Normal.dot. If

you're
copying that entire module, then of course you're overwriting your own.

You
can open the VBA Editor and copy just the text of the macro and paste

into
your own NewMacros module or into a new module you create.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"lisa" wrote in message
my co-worker has 3 macros that work on his machine great. he has

forwarded
them through email to me and i have created the macros copied and

pasted
the
info but word keeps deleting the previous one that i just created and

saved.
what am i doing wrong

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lisa

go to tools, macro, record new macro put in the keyboard command and the stop
recroding and then go back to macros and find the macro and edit and paste it
in there and save it , it works but the next when i put in the third macro it
deletes one of the other 2 macros it will only let me put 2 in

"lisa" wrote in message
my co-worker has 3 macros that work on his machine great. he has

forwarded
them through email to me and i have created the macros copied and

pasted
the
info but word keeps deleting the previous one that i just created and
saved.
what am i doing wrong

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

After reading the whole thread, chances are what is going wrong is that your
network login script is replacing your Normal template when you login, or
your Normal template is being shared with another user.

Either fault will overwrite your Normal template every day.

If it's your network login, create a script in your Startup folder to
replace their replacement after you login :-) If you have a shared Normal
template, change ToolsOptionsFile locations to point to a Normal template
on your home drive or your hard drive.

If your System Administrator is particularly toxic, they will have prevented
you from making that change. If so, get your boss to go kick their heads
until they discover the error of their ways.

With outsourced network administrators, you sometimes have to get the level
of pain quite high before comprehension occurs :-)

Cheers

On 28/3/06 1:48 AM, in article
, "lisa"
wrote:

my co-worker has 3 macros that work on his machine great. he has forwarded
them through email to me and i have created the macros copied and pasted the
info but word keeps deleting the previous one that i just created and saved.
what am i doing wrong

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410