Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
olliesf olliesf is offline

Default Sending Doc with Track Changes

How do I send a document in Final form so that edits aren't visible, if I
haven't yet accepted the changes? No matter how I save the doc (as final,
with show markup options deselected) the edits are always visible.

Kimberly
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That depends entirely on the settings of the receiving computer.

But unless you've changed something way down in the Trust Center,
you'll see the same behavior on your own computer -- when you open a
file that was last saved as Final, it will open as Final Showing
Markup.

On Jan 13, 3:57*pm, olliesf wrote:
How do I send a document in Final form so that edits aren't visible, if I
haven't yet accepted the changes? No matter how I save the doc (as final,
with show markup options deselected) the edits are always visible.

Kimberly

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2007, this is controlled on each user's computer using Word
Options - Trust Center - Trust Center Settings - Privacy Options - Make
hidden markup visible when opening or saving. This is enabled by default.

By revealing tracked changes by default, this lets the recipient know that
document is still being worked on... and sometimes saves users the
embarrassment of sending out a document that's filled with comments and
changes they don't want a client to see.

I suppose you could break into the recipients' offices and change their
default settings. But, even that's not a guarantee (and might get you
arrested for burglary or industrial espionage). You could send the recipient
a PDF. Or, you could save a 2nd copy of the file--with all changes
accepted--and send that out. But, the bottom line is that if you don't want
the recipient to see your tracked changes--then don't include them in what
you send.

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"olliesf" wrote in message
How do I send a document in Final form so that edits aren't visible, if I
haven't yet accepted the changes? No matter how I save the doc (as final,
with show markup options deselected) the edits are always visible.

Kimberly

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gwelsh Gwelsh is offline

The best way to do this is to send it in PDF.

But if you want the person receiving it to be able to use track changes and
make changes, then you will have to create a second document where you have
"accepted all changes in the document", send that version to your recipient.
Then when you get back the comments you can "combine" to two documents.