Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
KRiggs KRiggs is offline

Default Email from MSWord 2007

Can I email a doc from word07 when my email client is Windows Mail provided
with Vista Home premium? When I try the email icon is faded out.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You may have to send the document as an attachment to a message that you
initiate from Windows Mail

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"KRiggs" wrote in message
Can I email a doc from word07 when my email client is Windows Mail
provided
with Vista Home premium? When I try the email icon is faded out.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
KRiggs KRiggs is offline

No it does not help. I know how to add attachents. The questions is :

Will MSWord07 mailmerge with another MS product Windows Mail? Yes or No.

Or more to the point, does MS give consumers a product; Windows Mail, that
cannot be fully intergrated with another MS product; WORD07, so the consumer
has to shell out an additional $110 to purchase Outlook07.

"KRiggs" wrote in message
Can I email a doc from word07 when my email client is Windows Mail
provided
with Vista Home premium? When I try the email icon is faded out.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Take a look at:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...3ea8cd4ed5f296

The thread got a bit jumbled as a result of cross posting and red herrings
and I am not sure what finally worked for DNMotion.

In the thread Gary VanderMolen makes the suggestion to tun your 2007 Home
and Student edition CD and choose the option
to add specific components. Although there is no option to install Outlook,
you should have an option to install MAPI handlers. The MAPI handler
needs to be present before Word can "send to Email recipient".

That might be applicable to your situation.