Michaels

Default Bottom of the page border problem, MS Word 2002 SP3

Hi, the bottom part of the page border does not appear on Print Preview (and
does not print either). However, in the normal view the bottom part of the
border does appear. Paper setting A4. Thanks!
Jay Freedman

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...sDontPrint.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Michaels

Hi
I checked the paper size options on both printer and in Word. I also
unchecked the Letter/A4 resizing box, but problem persists.
It is interesting that in "Print Layout" view the border is visible, but
when I do a "Print Preview", the bottom border is not visible.
Thanks for your assistance.

wrote:

Hi, the bottom part of the page border does not appear on Print Preview

(and
does not print either). However, in the normal view the bottom part of

the
border does appear. Paper setting A4. Thanks!

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...sDontPrint.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Print Layout view shows you what ought to print (that is, what you have put
on the page). Print Preview shows you what *will* print. Word derives this
information from the printer driver, which defines the limit for the
printable area. Unless your page has an unreasonably large unprintable area
or you have an unreasonably small bottom margin, you should be able to print
the page border if you set it "From text" instead of "From edge of page" and
clear the check box for "Surround footer."

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Make sure that Word and the printer are in agreement about the A4 paper

size
(and that Letter/A4 resizing is not allowed).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.