Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
daniel-Southafrica daniel-Southafrica is offline

Default How do I copy a word table and paste it with the same formatting

I have recieved a very long table from a grantee, now I have to copy this
table and add it on to my report. However whenever I do this word completely
redoes the formatting. I don't have time to redo all the formatting for this
huge table and the other 24 I have to include in the report. How can I get
Word to paste the same exact table with the same exact formatting? I would
really appreciate any help. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Are the tables formatted identically in the grantee's document? If the
tables use distinctive styles, then use the organizer to copy those styles
to your document (Tools - Templates and Add-ins - Organizer).

If the tables don't use distinctive styles, another way is to create new
styles for each distinct type of formatting in the tables, then copy those
styles into your document (using the organizer), and apply the styles to the
copied documents (although, this last step shouldn't be necessary).

Another way, assuming your report can withstand the formatting shock, would
be to attach the grantee's document template to your report (Tools -
Templates and Add-ins - Attach).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com