Header/Footer commands grayed out/footer unavailable.

Old March 17th 09, 03:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
anne

Default Header/Footer commands grayed out/footer unavailable.

I'm using Word 2007, and have a problem I haven't seen before.

If I open the header of my document, the following fields are grayed out:

Different First Page
Different Odd and Even Pages
Header from Top
Footer from Bottom

What's even worse is that if I click "Go to Footer", I don't go to the
footer at all, I go to the header. Except this 'Footer' is a slightly
different size than the Header.

I can't seem to find the cause of this. It is not affecting a brand new
document, but just this one older document. I have tried copying and pasting
all of the old document (except the last paragraph mark) into a new file, but
that does not help.

Any ideas out there?
Old March 18th 09, 08:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
anne

I found if I copied everything but the title/Heading 1 of this document into
a new document, my problem went away.