Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
redpencilgirl redpencilgirl is offline

Default Remove date/time stamp in Track Changes?

Hi, everyone --

I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007, and I'd like to be able to make
changes in Track Changes without the date and time showing up. I don't mind
if the recipient knows that I'm the author of the change or comment, but I'd
like the date and time when I made the change or comment to remain my private
business.

Is there any way to make that change?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 12:30:01 -0700, redpencilgirl
wrote:

Hi, everyone --

I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007, and I'd like to be able to make
changes in Track Changes without the date and time showing up. I don't mind
if the recipient knows that I'm the author of the change or comment, but I'd
like the date and time when I made the change or comment to remain my private
business.

Is there any way to make that change?

Thanks!

On the Office button menu, go to Prepare Inspect Document. After inspecting
the document, when the results panel shows up, click the button to remove all
"Document Properties and Personal Information". Then save the document. The
dates and times will be removed from all tracked changes, and the reviewer name
will be changed to "Author".

This won't do if you're using custom document properties, because those would be
removed at the same time.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
redpencilgirl redpencilgirl is offline

OK, so that works...but it does seem a bit extreme. As I said, I don't mind
if my name is attached to my comments. Isn't there any other way to
eliminate date and time from the information that's automatically encoded
when I make a comment?

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

No, if there was another way I would have told you. That's what's available.

wrote:

[...]

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Remove date/time stamp in Track Changes?

How to Remove Date and Time Stamp in Track Changes
  1. Open your document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "Review" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Track Changes" button in the "Tracking" section of the ribbon.
  4. Click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the "Track Changes" button to open the "Track Changes Options" menu.
  5. In the "Markup" section of the menu, uncheck the box next to "Date."
  6. Click "OK" to save your changes.

Now, when you make changes or comments in Track Changes, the date and time stamp will not appear. However, the author name will still be visible.