Simply Mark1

Default How to modify a left margin showing a logo in the margin on every

I am using Word 2002. I have a Word document created by someone else that
I'd like to modify.

Specifically, there is a 5 cm margin on the left hand side of the page.
Within the 5 cm space is a logo. This logo appears on every page of the
document, & as new pages are added to the overall document, this margin &
logo automatically shows up as new pages are added.

I'd like to preserve all this functionality, the margins and the look and
feel of the document, but I'd like to modify the logo.

Right or left clicking on the margin space or the logo does nothing. The
margin itself can be moved left or right, but I don't know how to access and
therefore change the content appearing between the margin and the left edge
of the page.

It is not a column feature; the document onlly has one column. It may or
may not be a frame but I have no experience with frames.

Failing to learn how to modify this document, I'd like to learn how to
create this format from scratch.

I'd certainly appreciate a few words of technical wisdom.

Thx

Stefan Blom

Can you access the logo if you click Header and Footer on the View
menu?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Simply Mark1" wrote in message
[...]

Krakmup

G'Day
If you press "ALT-F11", is the image placed by imbedded VBA code?
When you "left click", does the menu (if shown) include "toggle field codes"?
What happens when you press the "Show/Hide" codes icon?

Krakmup

Stefan Blom wrote:
[...]

Stefan Blom

Good point.