Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
skin0023

Default cannot write to cd says it is full or write protected or damaged

When I try to make changes to a cd-rw saved document i get the above message,
the document was saved from another computer (the cd is not full I dont know
how u would write protect it and it is not damaged.) any help greatly
appreciated I would like to use the work from the cd on both of my computers.
Also how would u write protect a cd??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sydney

Even though the CD is a rw, this does not mean you can edit files that have
been burnt on the CD. You will need to copy the file locally to edit, then
re-burn the file onto the CD.

"skin0023" wrote in message
When I try to make changes to a cd-rw saved document i get the above

message,
the document was saved from another computer (the cd is not full I dont

know
how u would write protect it and it is not damaged.) any help greatly
appreciated I would like to use the work from the cd on both of my

computers.
Also how would u write protect a cd??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

If you want to be able to use your documents, when working within Word, act
as if your floppy drive does not exist! (This applies to CDRW/CDR drives as
well.)
Don't use Word to:
Open a document on a floppy
Print a document on a floppy
Edit a document on a floppy
Save a document to a floppy (not even a copy)

Word regularly trashes documents on floppy drives!

Instead, work on the document using your hard drive. Copy it back and forth
using Windows.

I know that for some with shared computers (libraries, schools) this is a
tough prescription. All I can recommend for that is to use a brand new
formatted disk each time you save and don't do any editing.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.