Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Morfitt Dave Morfitt is offline

Default Estrangelo Edessa Font Unavailable?

I found suddenly that the EE font is non functional using Word 2003, either
to create new text or in trying to read a previously created document.
Character position, spacing, etc. is there, but all characters are uniformly
displayed by open boxes. The same is true if I open the EE font file: no
characters, just boxes. Other fonts seem to be OK (though I've not checked
all of them). The font name is listed in the font drop-down list (including
recently used fonts), but is displayed in a simple small square type that I
believe is different from what it had been before.

Any ideas on what's happened, or on how to recover the font?
--
DCM