Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Roberto Menoncin Roberto Menoncin is offline

Default Word2007: doc on 2 columns with text scrolling from column 1 page 1 to column 1 page 2

Hi all, I have to write a long doc (20 pages) and I need to use 2 columns:
one large 12 cm (where I write the huge amount of the text) and the second
large 6 cm (to write annotations).
I need to write the text in order that the text flows from column 1 on page
1 to column 1 on page 2.
I remember there was an option like this in oldest Word versions, but I'm
not able to find in Word 2007.
I tried also to use a table with a single row and two columns, but the
result is not what I expect.

can anyone help me?
thanks in advance for your help
roberto

url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1014-1.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The two-column table is the correct way to do this in Word. (In fact it has
always been the way; maybe you're thinking of WordPerfect, which has a
different way of handling columns.)

When an annotation in the second column needs to align with specific text in
the first column, you should start a new row at or above that point. Because
Word sometimes has trouble with single cells that extend over many pages,
you should start a new row after every page or two anyway.

More information is at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...ingColumns.htm.

--
Regards,