Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] Tony@amp-dynamics.co.nz is offline

Default form documents

Apologies if this is a really simple question but i am seeking some guidance. I am wanting to set up a template letter with much of the generic information in it already - however I then want to personalise it with the datkl of our discussion. As an example (I am an insurance adviser) I will visit a client for a formal review and then send a statement of advice around the points relevant to the discussion.

In the past I used something or other whereby each section to be altered ws completed by a little box that appeared - I would fill in the text into the box and there might have been 6 or 7 of them. Once completed it created the letter - templated with generic detail but personalised with the individual detail

Can anyone please point me towards the terminology to use and if possible training material or demo

thanks \\Tony
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You could use legacy text form fields for the "variable" content that you
type in. Alternatively, with recent versions of Word, you can use content
controls, which don't require document protection.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Suzanne S. Barnhill[_3_] Suzanne S. Barnhill[_3_] is offline

You may be referring to FILLIN fields. Stefan's suggestion of form fields or
content controls is better, but the Rolls Royce of solutions is a UserForm;
see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm and/or
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_p..._userform.html.