Vladimir.Yanakiev Vladimir.Yanakiev is offline
Junior Member

Default copy shape with text

When I make shape(Elipse) with text and I try to copy it the text is not on the same place as original. It's even out of the shape.
This is on word 2010

Last edited by Vladimir.Yanakiev : November 22nd 16 at 12:39 PM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen[_2_] Lisa Wilke-Thissen[_2_] is offline

Hi,

When I make shape(Elipse) with text
and I try to copy it the txt is shifted
down and I can't shift it up.
This is on word 2010

Did you add the text to the shape, or what do you mean by "shape with text"?
What do you mean by "the text is shifted"?

--
Cheers,
Lisa

Vladimir.Yanakiev Vladimir.Yanakiev is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Wilke-Thissen[_2_] View Post
Hi,

When I make shape(Elipse) with text
and I try to copy it the txt is shifted
down and I can't shift it up.
This is on word 2010

Did you add the text to the shape, or what do you mean by "shape with text"?
What do you mean by "the text is shifted"?

--
Cheers,
Lisa
I insert oval shape( from Insert menu).
Right click on oval "Add text".
add text and when I copy this shape the text is not on same place

Vladimir
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen[_2_] Lisa Wilke-Thissen[_2_] is offline

Hi,

"Vladimir.Yanakiev" wrote

[Word 2010]
I insert oval shape( from Insert menu).
Right click on oval "Add text".
add text and when I copy this shape the text is
not on same place

I can't reprocuce the problem :-(.
Did you copy & paste the shape by using the clipboard?
What about using drag & drop while pressing Ctrl? Same result?

Instead of Ctrl + V you can try "Home | Clipboard | Paste special ..." to
insert the duplicate.
You can use the format painter to apply formatting of original shape to
duplicated shape.

--
Cheers,
Lisa

[...]

Interest thing is that this is happened only on one file (the, which I use to work on). When I create new one the is no such problem

how do I copy a shape and insert at the cursor Michael.Morton Microsoft Word Help 1 September 9th 09 01:01 PM
How do I make text wrap a shape FF/PM Microsoft Word Help 3 January 10th 07 03:19 AM
Can I format text in the shape of an S around images? FreelanceTrish Page Layout 1 February 14th 06 05:23 PM
shape text KCERS Microsoft Word Help 0 November 16th 05 10:14 PM
Can I resize text to fit a shape? dibster Mailmerge 0 October 4th 05 03:56 PM