Mr_Don

Default Open .PDF file from Hyperlink in WinWord

I cannot get a .PDF file to open from a Hyperlink in a WinWord 2003 document.
Any Help.

Mr_Don
Word Heretic

G'day Mr_Don ,

Do you have Acrobat reader installed?

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Mr_Don reckoned:

I cannot get a .PDF file to open from a Hyperlink in a WinWord 2003 document.
Any Help.

Mr_Don

Mr_Don

G'day to you also Steve,

Yes I have Acrobat 7.0 installed. All my hyperlinks worked with Office 97,
and Acrobar 6.0. Thanks

Mr_Don

"Word Heretic" wrote:

G'day Mr_Don ,

Do you have Acrobat reader installed?

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Mr_Don reckoned:

I cannot get a .PDF file to open from a Hyperlink in a WinWord 2003 document.
Any Help.

Mr_Don

Mr_Don

Graham,
The document does not even open, a screen flashes, and nothing happens. If
I have Acrobet open, the hyperlink goes to this document, no matter what the
hyperlink points to.

Mr_Don

"Word Heretic" wrote:

G'day Mr_Don ,

Do you have Acrobat reader installed?

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Mr_Don reckoned:

I cannot get a .PDF file to open from a Hyperlink in a WinWord 2003
document. Any Help.

Mr_Don

Mr_Don

Graham,
If I open Acrobat prior to clicking on the hyperlink in my word document,
the hyperlink takes me to the open Acrobat document, regardless of the path
of the hyperlink clicked in word. In other words if I open Acrobat "ABCD",
and I click on the hyperlink path\"XYZ" in my word document, the hyperlink
takes me to the Acrobat document path\"ABCD". If I have no open Acrobat
documents, nothing opens, I just get a quick flash on the screen.
Thanks
Mr_Don

"Word Heretic" wrote:

G'day Mr_Don ,

Do you have Acrobat reader installed?

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Mr_Don reckoned:

I cannot get a .PDF file to open from a Hyperlink in a WinWord
2003 document. Any Help.

Mr_Don

Graham Mayor

Very odd However, I suspect that this is something to do with the file
association in Windows pertaining to Acrobat. My suggestion would be a
re-install of Acrobat. If that doesn't fix it, then despite the implications
of the web page URL name - try the suggestions at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

"Word Heretic" wrote:

G'day Mr_Don ,

Do you have Acrobat reader installed?

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Mr_Don reckoned:

I cannot get a .PDF file to open from a Hyperlink in a WinWord
2003 document. Any Help.

Mr_Don

AZforward

I have read this post but don't see what any of this would have resolved your
problem. Did you ever get this resolved? If so I would like to know how. I
have the same problem.

"Word Heretic" wrote:

G'day Mr_Don ,

Do you have Acrobat reader installed?

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Mr_Don reckoned:

I cannot get a .PDF file to open from a Hyperlink in a WinWord
2003 document. Any Help.

Mr_Don

Juanita

I am having the same problem. When I downloaded Adobe Reader 7.0 was when my
problems started and I cannot get it fixed. Please let me know if you have
any suggestions. Thanks

"Word Heretic" wrote:

G'day Mr_Don ,

Do you have Acrobat reader installed?

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Mr_Don reckoned:

I cannot get a .PDF file to open from a Hyperlink in a WinWord
2003 document. Any Help.

Mr_Don

AZforward

From my experience here with this problem it seems to be native to Acrobat
7.0. Uninstalling it and reinstalling 6.0 works fine. No problems with the
Hyperlinks then. This is on PCs with XP SP2 (all patches and service packs
loaded) and Office 2003.

"Word Heretic" wrote:

G'day Mr_Don ,

Do you have Acrobat reader installed?

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Mr_Don reckoned:

I cannot get a .PDF file to open from a Hyperlink in a WinWord
2003 document. Any Help.

Mr_Don

MDatCSC

Clicking Office hyperlinks doesn't open linked PDF files (Acrobat 7.0, Adobe
Reader 7.0 on Windows)

Issue

The linked PDF file doesn't open when you click a hyperlink in a Microsoft
Office document, such as Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel.

Details

The PDF file is located on a local machine or a shared hard drive.

Linked PDF files that are located on web servers open as expected.

You use Adobe Acrobat 7.0 or Adobe Reader 7.0.

Solution: Install the Acrobat 7.0.1 update or the Adobe Reader 7.0.1 update.

-- If you use Acrobat 7.0 Professional or Standard, choose Help Check For
Updates Now to install the update. Alternately, you can download the Acrobat
7.0.1 update from the Adobe website at www.adobe.com/support/downloads.

-- If you use Adobe Reader 7.0, choose Help Check For Updates Now to
install the update. Alternately, you can download the latest version from the
Adobe website at www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html .

Background information

Acrobat 7.0 and Adobe Reader 7.0 search only web servers for PDF files that
are linked to Office documents via hyperlinks. Acrobat 7.0.1 and Adobe Reader
7.0.1 search web servers, local drives, and shared drives for linked PDF
files.

Related Documents