Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lance Lance is offline

Default Standard Word 2007 fonts

Hello,

I am using Windows XP.

I received a Microsoft Word 2007 .doc file.

I opened it in Word 2002.

I am to copy all the text from the Word .doc and paste/put into an Adobe
Flash file.

The text in the Word .doc are of fonts that are from, what the creator of
the file calls them, "standard Word 2007 fonts". He says Word 2007 comes with
these standard fonts.

The creator of the file says that if I install Word 2007, I should be able
to use any of these "standard Word 2007 fonts" in Flash or any other
program/application. He says the fonts will show in the font list in any
program/application.

Some of these fonts that are in this Word 2007 doc that are not showing in
Flash are (Microsoft Uighur, Arabic Typesetting, and Lucinda Blackletter)

Questions:
1. Does Word 2007 comes with its own standard fonts?
2. If I install Word 2007 will I be able to use these Word fonts in any
program, mainly Flash?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word 2007 does indeed come with a small range of additional fonts (as does
the 2007 compatibility pack for earlier versions) , however

Lucida Blackletter was supplied with Access 97 SR2, Creative Writer 2,
Office 97 Small Business Edition SR2, Office 97 SR1a, Publisher 97, and
TrueType Font Pack

The other two are apparently Arabic fonts about which I only know what I can
read on the web.

Lance wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Lance,

Microsoft Uighur was a font added in Windows Vista. Arabic Typesetting, which includes Arabic script support, is included in the
MS Office 2003 Proofing Tools and posibly in the Office 2007 Single Language Proofing tools for Arabic script, but you may want to
check in the Word International features discussion group as well using the link below to see if it is included in that Single
Language Pack or perhaps in one of the Locale/Language Input Pack (LIP)s for Office XP.

The Open/Truetype fonts installed in Windows are available for use by any program, but that doesn't necessarily mean that a specific
program includes support for a particular set of font features, such as right to left entry.

============

--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

A. Specific newsgroup/discussion group mentioned in this message:
or via browser:
http://microsoft.com/communities/new...ional.features

B. MS Office Community discussion/newsgroups via Web Browser
http://microsoft.com/office/communit...s/default.mspx
or
Microsoft hosted newsgroups via Outlook Express/newsreader