Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
basils57 basils57 is offline

Default Problem with Watermarks in Word 2003 Table

I wonder if anyone can help please?

I've created documents containing a table in Word in portrait mode, and
by necessity, with quite a full page - 0.5cm margin top & bottom.

Once I apply a watermark to the page the bottom cell of the table
'drops' to a newly inserted sheet, thus making a 3 page doc a 4 pager,
and destroying the table appearance. This is irrespective of the font
size of the watermark etc.

Any ideas please why this is occurring and how I can get around it?

--
basils57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Press Ctrl+Shift+8 to display nonprinting marks. Format the paragraph mark
(¶) immediately below the table as line spacing 1 pt, and with zero spacing
before and after. That should help. If necessary, do the same with the blank
paragraphs in headers and footers.

See also http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"basils57" wrote in message

I wonder if anyone can help please?

I've created documents containing a table in Word in portrait mode, and
by necessity, with quite a full page - 0.5cm margin top & bottom.

Once I apply a watermark to the page the bottom cell of the table
'drops' to a newly inserted sheet, thus making a 3 page doc a 4 pager,
and destroying the table appearance. This is irrespective of the font
size of the watermark etc.

Any ideas please why this is occurring and how I can get around it?

--
basils57

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
basils57[_2_] basils57[_2_] is offline

Thanks for that - the only problem is that there isn't a paragraph mark
below or immediately below the table.
The bottom cell has dropped to a new page and the re is a page break,
nothiong else, below it on that page.

--
basils57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
basils57[_3_] basils57[_3_] is offline

If I take the watermark off the page, then I can do as you suggest.

Formatting the para mark immediately below the table makes no
difference and once the w/m is applied - the bottom table cell row
drops.

Taking the w/m off again, and doing the same with the header & footer
as suggested, then this immediately drops the cell row even before
adding a w/m. This seems strange (header & footer), I would have
thought it would have had the opposite effect?

--
basils57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Try setting the Text Wrapping for the watermark to "Behind Text".

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word