Confused

Default Is there a way to convert a Word document to APA format?

I just enrolled into an online class and my papers have to be done in APA
format but I don't know anything about this format.
Daiya Mitchell

On 8/28/05 1:50 PM, "Confused" wrote:

I just enrolled into an online class and my papers have to be done in APA
format but I don't know anything about this format.

Word is the file format for the computer program you are using to write your
paper.

APA format is the format for how you arrange citations for the sources, etc,
that you cite in a paper you write. E.g., the order you list author, title,
etc, in, whether you underline or italicize titles, etc. See here for a
better explanation:
http://www.apastyle.org/aboutstyle.html

They deal with totally different aspects of a paper, so you wouldn't be
converting from one to another.

Start here re APA style rules
http://apastyle.org/

Also use http://google.com or another search engine to search the web. You
will probably find plenty of sites that list APA rules for formatting
citations/references, plus sites that let you download an APA-style template
for Word to use.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

CyberTaz

APA is not a file format in which the document is saved, but refers to a
style of text/paragraph formatting applied to the document content. It is a
standard adopted by the American Psychological Ass'n.

Try Google for APA Format.

Good Luck |:)

On 8/28/05 4:50 PM, in article
, "Confused"
wrote:

I just enrolled into an online class and my papers have to be done in APA
format but I don't know anything about this format.

Confused

wrote:

I just enrolled into an online class and my papers have to be done in APA
format but I don't know anything about this format.

Great to know, thanks.

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Is there a way to convert a Word document to APA format?

Yes, there is a way to convert a Word document to APA format. APA stands for American Psychological Association, and it is a commonly used citation style in academic writing. Here are the steps to convert your Word document to APA format:
  1. Set the margins: APA requires 1-inch margins on all sides of the document. To set the margins, go to the "Page Layout" tab in Word, click on "Margins," and select "Normal."
  2. Set the font: APA requires Times New Roman font, size 12. To set the font, select all the text in your document (Ctrl+A), go to the "Home" tab, and select "Times New Roman" from the font dropdown menu. Then, select "12" from the font size dropdown menu.
  3. Add a running head: APA requires a running head on every page of the document. The running head is a shortened version of the title of your paper, and it appears in the header section of the document. To add a running head, go to the "Insert" tab, click on "Header," and select "Blank (Three Columns)." Then, type your running head in the right-hand column.
  4. Add a title page: APA requires a title page with specific information, including the title of your paper, your name, and your institution. To add a title page, go to the "Insert" tab, click on "Cover Page," and select "APA."
  5. Format the references: APA requires a specific format for references, including the author's name, the publication date, the title of the article or book, and the publication information. To format your references, use the "References" tab in Word and select "APA" from the dropdown menu.

By following these steps, you should be able to convert your Word document to APA format. If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask!