Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Tim Tim is offline

Default Format Painter Makes Unwanted Format Changes

I've got a very long document with many heading levels. When I try to use
the format painter to transfer the style of one heading to another, I get an
unwanted change in format. First, I click on the heading that has the format
that I want to copy, and then click the format painter icon on the tool bar.
Sor far, so good.

Next, I click on the heading that I want to recieve the format. It gets the
new format. So far, so good. Unfortuantely, the first heading that had the
format being copied is mysteriously changed to a new format. Not good. To
prevent this from happending, I've turned off all of the autocorrect and
autoformat things I can find, but the probelm persists.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help!