Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
NickF NickF is offline

Default Replaceable text boxes

I am trying to automate the letter paper I use for my staff (small law firm).
I have a text box (in the first page footer) which puts address and staff
details and all the other guff we have to show down the right side of the
first page of a letter. The stationery is pre-printed with only a coloured
logo top right. We fax some letters and so these can be sent from the screen
(using a network fax product) I have a "fake" version of the logo which is a
two column table inserted in the first page header with a macro and toggled
on or off with a key combination. Right hand column includes the logo pic and
the left hand one adds a usual fax disclaimer. We also do a lot of charity
work and this means we sometimes need to show a registered charity header
(one of several) at the top left of the first page. I would love to be able
to have saved all the different versions of "standard" stuff that goes on our
letters as a single copy of each (so I don't have to amend hundreds of
templates each time something changes) and add / merge the relevant bits
programmatically at print time. Any suggestions hints / tips greatly
appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
NickF NickF is offline

Yes, but (probably owing to incompetence on my part) I can't get the text in
them to stay formatted the same or the locations (critical as against the
printed colour logo) to stay in the right places. Couldn't make the gif
graphic save as an auto-text entry either.

Do you have one of your (brilliant) idiots guide to pages on the topic? I
would really like to have just one set of each info block as it would save
me loads of fiddling around manually changing multiple templates!

(incidentally do MVP's never sleep!)
Nick

"NickF" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The only article we have on this is
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm. I don't know whether
that will provide the information you need or not.

It undoubtedly looks as if we never sleep because we're scattered around the
world. With English-speaking MVPs across the US and in the UK, Europe, and
Australia, there's usually always someone online. g

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you considered AutoText entries and AutoText fields?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.