Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ird ird is offline

Default Insert page numbers defaults

10-28-06 When i click on insert, page numbers, the "position" defaults to
"bottom of page footer.
How do I change the default to "top of page header" so that I don't have to
change this each time.
I like for my numbers to print at the top right of the page rather than the
bottom.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You don't. But you can create a template that has the page numbers wherever
you want them; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm

"ird" wrote in message
10-28-06 When i click on insert, page numbers, the "position" defaults to
"bottom of page footer.
How do I change the default to "top of page header" so that I don't have

change this each time.
I like for my numbers to print at the top right of the page rather than

the
bottom.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ird ird is offline

i would like to change the default. not create a template. is it possible
to change the default?

"ird" wrote in message
10-28-06 When i click on insert, page numbers, the "position" defaults to
"bottom of page footer.
How do I change the default to "top of page header" so that I don't have

change this each time.
I like for my numbers to print at the top right of the page rather than

the
bottom.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What part of "you don't" was not clear?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You don't. But you can create a template that has the page numbers

wherever
you want them; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"ird" wrote in message
10-28-06 When i click on insert, page numbers, the "position"

defaults to
"bottom of page footer.
How do I change the default to "top of page header" so that I don't

have
change this each time.
I like for my numbers to print at the top right of the page rather

than
the
bottom.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ron clifton ron clifton is offline

Ron:
How can I change "page number default" from lower right to center??