Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kimmie B Kimmie B is offline

Default Outline numbering:using a 0

I have a client who wants to use outline numbering, but wants to be able to
skip a level and use a 0 where one would normally find a 1. For example,
this is what she wants:

2.0 Yak, yak, yak.
2.0.1 Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Instead, Word presents this:

2.0 Yackity yack.
2.1.1 Don't talk back.

Does anyone know how to make that middle digit a 0 in that case?

BTW, I have faithfully (and gratefully) followed Shauna Kelly's online
instructions for creating numbered headigs or outline numbering in an MS Word
doc.