Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terri N Terri N is offline

Default How do I get endnotes material into the index?

I just realized that none of the items marked for the index in the pages and
pages of endnotes is being included in the generated index. Can I get the
endnote material into the index, or will it only put references that are
marked within the main body of the text?
--
Terri
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Hello Terri

Terri N wrote:
I just realized that none of the items marked for the index in the pages and
pages of endnotes is being included in the generated index. Can I get the
endnote material into the index, or will it only put references that are
marked within the main body of the text?

I'm afraid so.

In case of footnotes, it might be enough to simply move the XE entries
to the footnote reference number in the text; the reader might spot the
entries on the same page. With endnotes, though ...

Depending on what kind of information you put into your endnotes, you
might have to transform at least those with XE fields into normal text
paragraphs.

HTH
Robert
--