Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Metallo Metallo is offline

Default Paste a web page to MSWord 2003

Hi,

I tried to paste some text and images from the following web page to Word,
but without success.

http://www.arrow.nl/rock/index.php?o... 51&Itemid=104

Just try to copy the 500, 499 and 498 cover images and text, then try to
paste to Word, no way.

Why?

Thank you
--
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day Metallo,

There are a number of Word AddIns that clear the Windows
clipboard as they load.

IF
you start Word first AND
Select / Copy in Internet Explorer second
THEN
you should be able to Paste into Word.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Metallo" wrote in message
Hi,

I tried to paste some text and images from the following web page to Word, but
without success.

http://www.arrow.nl/rock/index.php?o... 51&Itemid=104

Just try to copy the 500, 499 and 498 cover images and text, then try to paste
to Word, no way.

Why?

Thank you
--
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Metallo Metallo is offline

Pat,

Unfortunately is not that easy.
The funny thing is that I can see what I want to copy in the clipboard, you
can click on it as many time as you wish, but nothing happens.

--
Alex

"Metallo" wrote in message
Hi,

I tried to paste some text and images from the following web page to
Word, but without success.

http://www.arrow.nl/rock/index.php?o... 51&Itemid=104

Just try to copy the 500, 499 and 498 cover images and text, then try to
paste to Word, no way.

Why?

Thank you
--
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Regardless of why it doesn't work (and I can replicate the problem), this is
what will: Right-click on an image you want to save and choose Save Picture
As. Save it to your hard drive, then use Insert | Picture | From File to
insert it into a Word document.

Alternatively, you can save the entire Web page in Word. In your browser
(presumed to be IE), choose File | Save As | Web page, complete. This will
create a Web page and supporting folder (for the images) in the place where
you saved it. When you open it in Word, all the images will be in place, and
you should be able to copy them from there and paste them into another
document.

"Metallo" wrote in message
Hi,

I tried to paste some text and images from the following web page to Word,
but without success.

http://www.arrow.nl/rock/index.php?o... 51&Itemid=104

Just try to copy the 500, 499 and 498 cover images and text, then try to
paste to Word, no way.

Why?

Thank you
--
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Metallo Metallo is offline

Suzanne,

I tried it myself your solution n° 2 before posting this forum.
Again, try yourself, Word does not open the saved HTML webpage, but you can
see the link in the clipboard.

As far as your solution n° 1, sure it is as you say, but I need text and
images.

Thank you for your effort.

--
Alex

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Regardless of why it doesn't work (and I can replicate the problem), this
is
what will: Right-click on an image you want to save and choose Save
Picture
As. Save it to your hard drive, then use Insert | Picture | From File to
insert it into a Word document.

Alternatively, you can save the entire Web page in Word. In your browser
(presumed to be IE), choose File | Save As | Web page, complete. This will
create a Web page and supporting folder (for the images) in the place
where
you saved it. When you open it in Word, all the images will be in place,
and
you should be able to copy them from there and paste them into another
document.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
so
all may benefit.

"Metallo" wrote in message
Hi,

I tried to paste some text and images from the following web page to
Word,
but without success.

http://www.arrow.nl/rock/index.php?o... 51&Itemid=104

Just try to copy the 500, 499 and 498 cover images and text, then try to
paste to Word, no way.

Why?

Thank you
--
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

When you saved the Web page to your HD, did you open the supporting folder?
It contains 403 objects, which includes all the graphics. There does seem to
be a noticeable dearth of text, and when I viewed the HTML source, not being
much good at HTML, I couldn't determine where/how it was hiding. The page is
clearly assembled by some ASP/Java/whatever magic that is beyond me, and
protected in some equally mysterious way. Best I can suggest is that you
copy the text by hand and the graphics as described and then put them
together in a table manually.

"Metallo" wrote in message
[...]

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Metallo" wrote in message
Hi,

I tried to paste some text and images from the following web page to
Word,
but without success.

http://www.arrow.nl/rock/index.php?o... 51&Itemid=104

Just try to copy the 500, 499 and 498 cover images and text, then try

paste to Word, no way.

Why?

Thank you
--
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Alex,

The web page (just the coding) is over 500K and contains some scripts and other elements not in Word's web page generating
abilities. When visiting that page, even with a cable connection the hundreds of pictures took a long time to finish downloading
and rendeing.
A 500K web document is a lot and coupled with what appears to be a slow server and another

Word 2003 did eventually open the page for editing (using a saved copy of the HTML from notepad), but it was around an hour to do
so, (if your antivirus software is set to prescan that page while loading and if you have auto spell check and autocorrect settings
turned on that can add time to the process) and about another 20 minutes for Word to generate its version of the webpage of over
950KB when saving from Word 2003. Breaking the links to save the pictures in the Word 2003 document brought the size up to almost
3MB that's made of a picture filled large table (something Word has a tendency to process rather laboriously as far as screen
updating.

============
"Metallo" wrote in message ...
Suzanne,

I tried it myself your solution n° 2 before posting this forum.
Again, try yourself, Word does not open the saved HTML webpage, but you can
see the link in the clipboard.

As far as your solution n° 1, sure it is as you say, but I need text and
images.

Thank you for your effort.

--
Alex
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Metallo Metallo is offline

Well, even if you want to paste1 line, it does not work.
This means that Suzanne is right, something in the way the web page is
written prevents to paste it.
I must say, this is the first time it occurs to me, now I will have to find
another way to edit that web page.

Thank you for your support.

--
Alex

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...

"Metallo" wrote in message
Suzanne,

I tried it myself your solution n° 2 before posting this forum.
Again, try yourself, Word does not open the saved HTML webpage, but you
can
see the link in the clipboard.

As far as your solution n° 1, sure it is as you say, but I need text and
images.

Thank you for your effort.

--
Alex
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Metallo Metallo is offline

Thank you Suzanne.
Copy by hand is not an option for me, given that I want to paste the
complete web page(s), 500 hits!

I will have to find another way to edit that text.

Thank you for your help!

--

"Metallo" wrote in message
Hi,

I tried to paste some text and images from the following web page to
Word,
but without success.

http://www.arrow.nl/rock/index.php?o... 51&Itemid=104

Just try to copy the 500, 499 and 498 cover images and text, then try

paste to Word, no way.

Why?

Thank you
--
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Metallo

Metallo wrote:
Well, even if you want to paste1 line, it does not work.
This means that Suzanne is right, something in the way the web page is
written prevents to paste it.

FWIW, using the not-so-well-known direct URL opening mechanism of Word
(File | Open, enter the URL into the dialog) opens the page in less than
1 minute here, and with pictures.

I must say, this is the first time it occurs to me, now I will have to find
another way to edit that web page.

Well, you are dealing with a script-generated web page. Word is usually
not my HTML editor of choice with even simple HTML pages, but with PHP
--- you are using the wrong tool, especially if you really want to
"edit the web page."

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Robert,

Interesting. This morning it took only about 3 minutes to open it (and the browser cache was deleted each time).
Did you do a save as then as a Word web page and then as a Word .doc with embedded pictures?

=================
"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote in message ...
Hi Metallo

FWIW, using the not-so-well-known direct URL opening mechanism of Word
(File | Open, enter the URL into the dialog) opens the page in less than
1 minute here, and with pictures.

Well, you are dealing with a script-generated web page. Word is usually
not my HTML editor of choice with even simple HTML pages, but with PHP
--- you are using the wrong tool, especially if you really want to
"edit the web page."

Greetinx
Robert
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Bob

Bob Buckland ?:-) wrote:
Interesting. This morning it took only about 3 minutes to open it (and the browser cache was deleted each time).

Dynamic content -- maybe the used smaller pictures today?

Did you do a save as then as a Word web page and then as a Word .doc with embedded pictures?

No. Actually, I was quite happy to navigate through the document, and
then had the not-so-bright idea to switch to PrintPreview. I did not
wait till/whether Word would ever finish preparing that view (gave up
after 10 minutes or so :-)).

Greetings
Robert
--