Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Fred Z Fred Z is offline

Default make comments flip on odd/even pages

Hi,

I want to make the comments pane print on the right hand side for odd
numbered pages and the left hand side for right hand pages (so I can
print to a bound book format). Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks!

Fred z.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Fred

Fred Z wrote:
I want to make the comments pane print on the right hand side for odd
numbered pages and the left hand side for right hand pages (so I can
print to a bound book format). Any ideas how to do this?

None that I'm aware of: comments are basically a feature of reviewing a
document (hence it's also available on the TrackChanges toolbar).

For your purpose, you can create a frame set to "outside" (if the
document is set to mirror margins, IIRC), create a paragraph style with
that information, and apply this style to any normal paragraph in the
text body.

Depending on the amount of comments and/or the "recurrency" of your
task, a VBA solution to loop through all comments, get the content of
each and insert it into a new paragraph with your "framed" style might
have some merit. The exact positioning might be quite tricky (and hence
tough in code).

HTH
Robert
--