Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Boppy Boppy is offline

Default Ctrl P stopped printing, now pastes hyperlink

Hi folks, yesterday for some reason Word 07 started pasting web
addresses in my documents when I had typed Ctrl P for printing.

I've been through the keyboard shortcuts for quick print, etc, but
can't find any reference for past

Under keyboard shortcuts for the Office Menu, Ctrl P is still listed
as the keyboard shortcut for print. I've looked at keyboard shortcuts
under All Commands and there is no instance of Ctrl P being assigned
to any kind of editpaste command. I don't know how to see a list of
all keyboard shortcuts in Word like other apps sometimes provide.

Is anyone able to help me to get Ctrl P back to doing what it should?

Thanks in advance,
Jo
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Boppy Boppy is offline

Sorry about that gibberish: 2nd and 3rd paras should read:

I've been through the keyboard shortcuts for quick print, etc, but
can't find any reference under keyboard shortcuts for Ctrl P in
reference to Paste.
In the Office Menu, Ctrl P is still listed as the keyboard shortcut
for print.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Jo,

Is this only in Word? Does Ctrl+K still bring up Insert=Hyperlink?

If you hold the ctrl key when starting Word to put it into safe(original) mode do you get the same result? If not then restart Word
and check in
Office Button=Word Options=Add Ins
Something else may have taken over the shortcut.

==================

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Boppy Boppy is offline

On Aug 14, 1:52 am, "Bob Buckland ?:-\)" 75214.226(At Beautiful
Downtown)compuserve.com wrote:
[...]

Thanks Bob, got it sorted - I had allocated some hotkeys and stupidly
used ctrl instead of alt for the P one in the configuration. Was a
blonde day ...

Cheers,
Jo