Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Jim is offline

Default Merging Documents

Hello All, I often have to merge Word files from several authors. The docs
have multiple levels of numbering and styles. Is there a way for me to make
their styles look like mine when I paste their sections into my document?
For instance, can I make their Heading 1 paste in to conform to my definition
of Heading 1?

I have multiple versions of Word (2000/03/07) loaded on an XP machine.

Thanks for any help.
--
Jim Hull
Technical Writer
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Smlt?=,

I often have to merge Word files from several authors. The docs
have multiple levels of numbering and styles. Is there a way for me to make
their styles look like mine when I paste their sections into my document?
For instance, can I make their Heading 1 paste in to conform to my definition
of Heading 1?

I have multiple versions of Word (2000/03/07) loaded on an XP machine.

As far as formatting goes (not numbering, the other kind) this should be
happening by default. In Word 2003/2007 you can also adjust how the Paste
Options work.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Merging Documents Thomas M. Microsoft Word Help 5 February 5th 08 11:38 PM
Merging documents oe New Users 1 September 21st 07 01:52 PM
Merging documents Katie Mailmerge 1 August 9th 06 09:36 PM
merging documents Al New Users 5 July 22nd 06 10:47 PM
merging many documents dew New Users 3 January 23rd 06 08:01 PM