Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Crispy

Default Creating a Repeating Vertical Page Header

In my spare time I run a youth football (soccer) team and help with the
running of the club. I've put both hands in the air and said that I would
create a proper club letterhead. Unfortunately the best (most liked) design
was the one that isn't the easiest!

I am attempting to combine text and graphics and place them down the left
hand side of the page with the DESIRE to have it repeat on every page (same
as header). I have tried columns (OK for first page and only if that colmn is
completed) & used text boxes, absolute positioned graphics and formatting to
make the inserted text happily miss the left hand side (Ok for first page but
will allow users to delete etc in error).

Hopefully you don't think I'm mad and can help with a solution.

Thanks

ChrisB
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc

Crispy,
Have a look here, particularly the section devoted to More complex headings:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"Crispy" schreef in bericht
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Crispy

Luc

Thanks, it is always so simple when you know how! Its amazing how many hours
I spent trying this the wrong way. Thanks again

ChrisB

"Luc" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Use a header. Put the information you want on the left in a textbox or
frame.
Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some other document where you
want one header on the first page and a different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
instructions. If you want it on every page, you can simply use only the
header without setting the document to have a different first-page header.
(This article also has the following links)

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

[...]