Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
montse

Default How do I modify a document to be printed as a book?

hello,

I was finishing my work and they asked me to change the document to be
printed as a book. I know how to do it. The problem is that the configuration
of the document is completely modified. I need help!
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RobertVA

montse wrote:
hello,

I was finishing my work and they asked me to change the document to be
printed as a book. I know how to do it. The problem is that the configuration
of the document is completely modified. I need help!
thanks

What version of Word? There have been some feature changes over the years.

Well yes, the pages ARE smaller and rotated 90°. I guess it IS
completely modified! Were you expecting an overall 22.7% reduction in
font sizes and margins? I once had a software "printer" that could
automatically do that (http://www.bluesquirrel.com/products/clickbook/)
with the hard copy output from just about any application, but I've
changed computers and Windows versions since then. The reduced font
sizes were a bit hard on my aging eyes though.

Did you set fonts and font sizes directly or with the style drop down?
If you had set them with the style drop down you MIGHT be able to
redefine the styles and have them apply over the entire document.