Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sela Sela is offline

Default Word 07 - AutoCorrect entries missing

I have a pre-installed copy of Office 2007 (Windows Vista) and all seemed to
be working OK. I then noticed that Autocorrect was not correcting the usual
'teh' 'foriegn' etc, just marking them as spelling errors. I went into
Autocorrect Options and found that in the Replace/With lists, there were just
a few symbols, and 'wv' to be replaced with Windows Vista (which I don't
remember adding!). No-one else uses the PC.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Which language is applied to text? Note that different languages have
different sets of AutoCorrect entries.

Moreover, Word tends to change the language; to avoid that, turn off
auto-detection of languages: On the Review tab of the ribbon, click Set
Language. Clear the "Detect language automatically" option, and then click
OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sela" wrote in message
I have a pre-installed copy of Office 2007 (Windows Vista) and all seemed
be working OK. I then noticed that Autocorrect was not correcting the
usual
'teh' 'foriegn' etc, just marking them as spelling errors. I went into
Autocorrect Options and found that in the Replace/With lists, there were
just
a few symbols, and 'wv' to be replaced with Windows Vista (which I don't
remember adding!). No-one else uses the PC.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sela Sela is offline

Stefan, thanks for your reply - it has definitely pointed me in the right
direction. If I set the language to English: United States, more Autocorrect
entries appear - when I reset to English: UK, I am back to the very short
list. Any ideas on how I can progress would be welcome.

"Sela" wrote in message
I have a pre-installed copy of Office 2007 (Windows Vista) and all seemed
be working OK. I then noticed that Autocorrect was not correcting the
usual
'teh' 'foriegn' etc, just marking them as spelling errors. I went into
Autocorrect Options and found that in the Replace/With lists, there were
just
a few symbols, and 'wv' to be replaced with Windows Vista (which I don't
remember adding!). No-one else uses the PC.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Have the proofing tools for English (UK) been properly installed?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sela" wrote in message
I have a pre-installed copy of Office 2007 (Windows Vista) and all
seemed
be working OK. I then noticed that Autocorrect was not correcting the
usual
'teh' 'foriegn' etc, just marking them as spelling errors. I went into
Autocorrect Options and found that in the Replace/With lists, there
were
just
a few symbols, and 'wv' to be replaced with Windows Vista (which I
don't
remember adding!). No-one else uses the PC.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Audiate Audiate is offline

How would one go about this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Audiate,

How would one go about what? There were several points covered in the messages in this topic, so not quite sure which aspect you're
referring to.

"Audiate" wrote in message ...
How would one go about this?
--