Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] MaggieG@new.rr.com is offline

Default Cannot open docs or emails writen in Office 2003 - am using 2007

What do I require? Compatibility Mode shows up on toolbar - does it need
some specail action to allow it to recognize Word 2003 or other word
processors? This is frustrating when using my previous files that were
written in Word 2000 or Works 8.0.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Legacy Word document should open fine in Word 2007. What happens when you
try to open them? Is this a completely fresh installation on a new computer
or an upgrade over a previous version of Office? If it is the former, how
were the documents moved to your new PC?

Terry

" wrote in
message ...
What do I require? Compatibility Mode shows up on toolbar - does it need
some specail action to allow it to recognize Word 2003 or other word
processors? This is frustrating when using my previous files that were
written in Word 2000 or Works 8.0.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Fernando Fernando is offline

Default Cannot open docs or emails writen in Office 2003 - am using 20

Hi terry, I have a similar problem, except that the office 2000 is in a
computer and office 2007 es in another computer. Office 2007(Word so far,
haven't tried other programs within office 2007.)cannot read documents made
in office 2000, Please help.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Fernando

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Legacy Word document should open fine in Word 2007. What happens when you
try to open them? Is this a completely fresh installation on a new computer
or an upgrade over a previous version of Office? If it is the former, how
were the documents moved to your new PC?

Terry

" wrote in
message ...
What do I require? Compatibility Mode shows up on toolbar - does it need
some specail action to allow it to recognize Word 2003 or other word
processors? This is frustrating when using my previous files that were
written in Word 2000 or Works 8.0.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Yes, Word 2007 *can* and *does* - most of us do so on a daily basis. The
issue is why it isn't working for you:-)

If you provide answers to the questions posed by Terry it may give someone
an opportunity to help figure out what the problem is. Also:

How are you attempting to open the files? What *exactly* happens when you
try? Is the file on a shared drive of some sort or are you physically
transporting a copy from one system to the other? - Details are needed
either way.

Additionally, it isn't a good practice to highjack another thread...
Especially one that is 2 months old and has already died on the vine with no
further response by the OP. The only ones who even see posts such as yours
are the few who are bored & have extra time on their hands. Most are busy
people who don't have the time or inclination to dredge dead posts to see if
somebody "may" have snuck a new inquiry into them.

I suggest you submit as a *new* post supplying the additional info needed.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/10/07 12:36 PM, in article