Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WildBill13 WildBill13 is offline

Default Turn Off Automatically Update Style

when I am writing a document in word, if I slecet a section of text and apply
a format like bold (but I don't want it to be a heading) word automatically
updates the style of the whole document to bold! Its only when I click the
back arrow to undo the automatic update that I get what I asked for. I use
word a lot and am usually able to turn these 'helpful?' things off, but this
time I just can't find it. Can anyone help me?