Flotfyr88 Flotfyr88 is offline
Junior Member

Post Layout of university report

Dear internet

I'm writing a report, which has to be handed i on wednesday, and my teacher has requested that we deliver the report in the layout, which can be seen in this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xri2a8s0imd8xio/aBkVivwPfv

I can see how to move the text to the right side of the page, but i can't see how to do so, while still being able to write pointers in the left paragraph, and on the exact same line as the text in the right paragraph..?

I've been looking around for a template, which might help, but can't seem to find any. I hope, someone can help me.. preferably before Wednesday
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Layout of university report

One way to do it would be a table with two columns (and no visible
border lines);

another would be to use text boxes (though I can't myself tell you how
to keep them aligned if your text is going to change and reflow every
so often; there are lots of options for aligning them with various
parts of the display, so "paragraph" might be one of them.).

--
Flotfyr88

Flotfyr88 Flotfyr88 is offline
Junior Member

Yes, I thought about that and even tried it, but the text in the first column doesn't follow the text in the second column
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Several methods are collected in the article at
http://wordfaqs.mvps.org/MarginalText.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Flotfyr88" wrote in message ...

Yes, I thought about that and even tried it, but the text in the first
column doesn't follow the text in the second column

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Frames" is the one that corresponds to what I called "Text Boxes" (an
earlier way of doing the same thing, which apparently is preferable
under certain circumstances).

On Dec 1, 2:12*pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
Several methods are collected in the article athttp://wordfaqs.mvps.org/MarginalText.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Flotfyr88" *wrote in ...

Yes, I thought about that and even tried it, but the text in the first
column doesn't follow the text in the second column -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Microsoft no longer speaks of frames, but they are quite useful! Unlike text
boxes, they can be part of a paragraph style, which is sometimes very useful.

Text boxes can be linked, which frames can't. On the other hand, frames let you
add footnotes (which text boxes don't) and they have support for more fields
than text boxes do.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP