Back2Basic5 Back2Basic5 is offline
Banned

Default Numbered List

Hi,

I am trying to create a stlye which allows me to use a numbered list at looks like this:

1.

1.1
1.2

2.
2.1
2.2
etc

I have managed to modify styles so that I can create;
1. (and then when I hit return)
1.1
1.2

But then when I create the list beginning 2 it doesn't work out. I hit return and I get;

2.
1.3
1.4

I don't want to create a new style for each seperate section, as this would take ages and I may as well just do it manually.

In summary, I want:

1.
1.1
1.2

2.
2.1
2.2
2.3

but I have:

1.
1.1
1.2

2.
1.3
1.4

It is possible to sort this out?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You'll have to set this up as an outline-numbered list (called multilevel list
in Word 2007 and later). See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom