Karen Newman Karen Newman is offline
Junior Member

Default MS Word form to reference a large database

I have a form that I need to modify. The change requires that the MS Word form references a database of about 2500 test numbers and test names. In case you are able to help me or know of someone who can, I’ve laid out the request below.

MS Word form (2 columns – multiple rows) needs to be able to:

• In Test Number column:
o User starts typing the 6-digit number/code in the cell
o The cell should auto-fill the test number/code from a list of about 2500
o The associated Test Name should auto-fill in the next cell in the row (in the Test Name column).

AND/OR:

• In Test Name column:
o User starts typing the test name in the cell
o The cell should auto-fill the test name from a list of about 2500
o The associated Test Number should auto-fill in the appropriate cell in the row (in the Test Number column).

I have no experience with VBA, but am open to trying it.

Last edited by Karen Newman : December 5th 12 at 04:15 PM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This newsgroup doesn't get much attention anymore, unfortunately. You should ask
your question in a programming forum, such as the Office Programming forum in
the Microsoft Community
(http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...tomize?tab=all) or the Word
for Developers forum at MSDN
(http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...rddev/threads).