FlyBri

Default HP psc 2350 stalls during printing from Word 2002?

My new HP PSC 2350 all-in-one printer works fine with all other apps I have
tried (copying, scanning, printing from PSElements), but stalls after
printing only one line of text from Word 2002. Have tried online help from HP
to no avail.

Dian D. Chapman, MVP

I have the exact same printer...it works great in all versions of Word
that I have on this system....2000, 2002, 2003.

Is your printer plugged directly into the USB port or through a USB
hub? If it's through a hub, try bypassing that once to test and plug
it directly into your PC's USB port. If you have more than one, try
another one.

You might also want to test it by turning off background
printing...either through Word's Tools Options Print dialog or
directly on the Advanced tab of the printer properties. It could be
that the information is timing out?

Also, right click on the printer properties and check the driver to
make sure you have the latest one (you'll have to go to the About tab
to see the current version since the value it shows elsewhere is only
"HP PSC 2350 Series" and doesn't show you the version unless you go
into the About tab.

You should also have an HP command center in your systray...you can
run an auto update from there to ensure you have the latest version of
everything.

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified