Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
abcsharon abcsharon is offline

Default How do I display the day of the month using text

I know there are field switches, including the picture switch, that can be
used to change the way a date field is displayed. However, I can't seem to
find one that will spell out the date of the month. For instance, for the
date 5/25/06, I would like to display the "25" as "twenty-fifth".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

You would use *ordtext as a field switch.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"abcsharon" wrote:

I know there are field switches, including the picture switch, that can be
used to change the way a date field is displayed. However, I can't seem to
find one that will spell out the date of the month. For instance, for the
date 5/25/06, I would like to display the "25" as "twenty-fifth".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You would need to use the following field construction

{ DATE \@ "MMMM" } { DATE \@ "d" \* ordinal } { DATE \@ "yyyy" }

to get

February 7th 2007

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"abcsharon" wrote in message
I know there are field switches, including the picture switch, that can be
used to change the way a date field is displayed. However, I can't seem
find one that will spell out the date of the month. For instance, for the
date 5/25/06, I would like to display the "25" as "twenty-fifth".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can get twenty-five using the following construction
{ Date \@ "d" \*cardtext}
but for twenty-fifth you are going to need a macro.

abcsharon wrote:
I know there are field switches, including the picture switch, that
can be used to change the way a date field is displayed. However, I
can't seem to find one that will spell out the date of the month.
For instance, for the date 5/25/06, I would like to display the "25"
as "twenty-fifth".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Works for me too!
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

abcsharon wrote:
I know there are field switches, including the picture switch, that
can be used to change the way a date field is displayed. However, I
can't seem to find one that will spell out the date of the month.
For instance, for the date 5/25/06, I would like to display the "25"
as "twenty-fifth".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A senior moment - I seem to be getting a lot of those lately

Carol wrote:
Works for me too!

\*ordtext works for me.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

abcsharon wrote:
I know there are field switches, including the picture switch, that
can be used to change the way a date field is displayed. However,
I can't seem to find one that will spell out the date of the month.
For instance, for the date 5/25/06, I would like to display the
"25" as "twenty-fifth".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

No worries! I'm in that club too!
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

abcsharon wrote:
I know there are field switches, including the picture switch, that
can be used to change the way a date field is displayed. However,
I can't seem to find one that will spell out the date of the month.
For instance, for the date 5/25/06, I would like to display the
"25" as "twenty-fifth".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

No - it's worse than that, I even wrote a web page on the subject
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm which includes details of
the ordtext switch

abcsharon wrote:
I know there are field switches, including the picture switch,
that can be used to change the way a date field is displayed.
However, I can't seem to find one that will spell out the date
of the month. For instance, for the date 5/25/06, I would like
to display the "25" as "twenty-fifth".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Great article! Thanks! To tell you the truth, I wouldn't have known except
that a client inquired how to do it and I had to research it for them.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP