Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TMcManus TMcManus is offline

Default How Do I Get a {REf} to return {LISTNUM} number?

In a legal document my format looks like:

6 (1) blah blah...
(2) blah blah...

where the 6 is a numbered style linked to style Section and (2) is one level
down called Subsection. The (1) is generated using {LISTNUM} to make it
appear on the same line with the 6, rather than on a separate line.

I don't know how to place a bookmark so that in a reference, I can get the
(1) returned. All I get is the 6.

I know I can solve it by going for a format

6
(1) blah blah...
(2) blah blah...

but I didn't choose this screwy legal format, I just have to use it. Maybe
there's a way to get my Section and Subsection style on the same line, but
the best I could come up with was using {LISTNUM}.

--
Terry

Extra Paragraph Return in footer After Page Number pmsimp Microsoft Word Help 1 August 8th 08 11:50 AM
LISTNUM Sandra Microsoft Word Help 1 September 18th 07 10:42 AM
LISTNUM Peter K[_2_] Page Layout 2 August 7th 07 02:04 PM
LISTNUM Darlene Microsoft Word Help 1 June 10th 06 09:37 PM
Listnum to include chapter number in headings Jessica Page Layout 1 August 24th 05 08:00 PM