Gilles Desjardins

Default Navigate and add a character at specific locations in a document

Hi everyone, I need some non VBA help (if possible). If VBA is the only
solution could a VBA wizard suggest a bit of code?

Here is my problem: In a LARGE document I have to find all instances of the
word Celsius and insert a degree symbol between the word and the number
(i.e. 24 ° Celsius). ALT + 0176. Find and replace or find does not do the
trick (at least I don't know how). Is this task feasible? Any help is
appreciated.

Gilles Desjardins

In what respect is F&R not working for you? You can't search for "Celsius"
and replace with "° Celsius"? If the issue is getting the degree symbol into
the "Replace with" box, you can use Paste (Ctrl+V), Alt+0176, or
Ctrl+Shift+@, Spacebar. Or you can copy "° Celsius" to the Clipboard and use
^c.

"Gilles Desjardins" wrote in message
.. .
Hi everyone, I need some non VBA help (if possible). If VBA is the only
solution could a VBA wizard suggest a bit of code?

Here is my problem: In a LARGE document I have to find all instances of

the
word Celsius and insert a degree symbol between the word and the number
(i.e. 24 ° Celsius). ALT + 0176. Find and replace or find does not do the
trick (at least I don't know how). Is this task feasible? Any help is
appreciated.

Gilles Desjardins

Gilles Desjardins

Thank you Suzanne sometimes you can't see the forest because of the tree.
embarrassed grin.

Gilles
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
In what respect is F&R not working for you? You can't search for "Celsius"
and replace with "° Celsius"? If the issue is getting the degree symbol
into
the "Replace with" box, you can use Paste (Ctrl+V), Alt+0176, or
Ctrl+Shift+@, Spacebar. Or you can copy "° Celsius" to the Clipboard and
use
^c.

so
all may benefit.

"Gilles Desjardins" wrote in message
.. .
Hi everyone, I need some non VBA help (if possible). If VBA is the only
solution could a VBA wizard suggest a bit of code?

Here is my problem: In a LARGE document I have to find all instances of

the
word Celsius and insert a degree symbol between the word and the number
(i.e. 24 ° Celsius). ALT + 0176. Find and replace or find does not do the
trick (at least I don't know how). Is this task feasible? Any help is
appreciated.

Gilles Desjardins

Stan Brown

"Gilles Desjardins" wrote in microsoft.public.word.newusers:
Hi everyone, I need some non VBA help (if possible). If VBA is the only=20
solution could a VBA wizard suggest a bit of code?

Here is my problem: In a LARGE document I have to find all instances of th=

e=20
word Celsius and insert a degree symbol between the word and the number=20
(i.e. 24 =B0 Celsius). ALT + 0176. Find and replace or find does not do th=

e=20
trick (at least I don't know how).

Replace
=09(space)Celsius
with
=09=B0(space)Celsius

What am I missing?

--=20

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

The fact that this solution has already been proposed and accepted.

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
"Gilles Desjardins" wrote in microsoft.public.word.newusers:
Hi everyone, I need some non VBA help (if possible). If VBA is the only
solution could a VBA wizard suggest a bit of code?

Here is my problem: In a LARGE document I have to find all instances of the
word Celsius and insert a degree symbol between the word and the number
(i.e. 24 ° Celsius). ALT + 0176. Find and replace or find does not do the
trick (at least I don't know how).

Replace
(space)Celsius
with