Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Humam Humam is offline

Default How can I swap rows or colomns?

I just want to swap the contents of a cell by another cell in a table or even
an entire row or colomn with the same method.
Thanks in anticipation.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I swap rows or colomns?

Sure, swapping rows or columns in Microsoft Word is pretty easy. Here's how you can do it:
  1. First, select the row or column that you want to move. You can do this by clicking on the left edge of the row or the top edge of the column. The entire row or column should be highlighted.
  2. Next, right-click on the highlighted row or column and select "Cut" from the context menu. Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+X" to cut the row or column.
  3. Now, select the row or column where you want to move the cut row or column. Again, click on the left edge of the row or the top edge of the column to select it.
  4. Right-click on the selected row or column and select "Insert Cut Cells" from the context menu. Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+Shift+V" to insert the cut row or column.
  5. The row or column that you cut should now be inserted into the new location, and the existing row or column should be moved to the old location.

That's it! You can use this method to swap the contents of a cell by another cell in a table or even an entire row or column. Just make sure to select the correct row or column before cutting and inserting.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Copy and Paste is the nearest that you are going to get to it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Humam" wrote in message
I just want to swap the contents of a cell by another cell in a table or
even
an entire row or colomn with the same method.
Thanks in anticipation.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Robert Robert is offline

Hi,
Select a whole row or column and use drag & drop to shift the row down or
up, the column to left or right.
--
Cheers
Robert

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 01:30:05 -0700, Humam wrote:

I just want to swap the contents of a cell by another cell in a table or
even an entire row or colomn with the same method.
Thanks in anticipation.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tom Conrad Tom Conrad is offline

To move table rows
Place the cursor in the row to be moved (or select a group of adjacent rows)
alt+shift+up arrow to move the row(s) up
alt+shift+down arrow to move the row(s) down
--
Tom Conrad
===