Daiya Mitchell

Default Can autocomplete insert unformatted text into a document?

By autocomplete, I assume you mean AutoText.

AutoCorrect is most often plain text, and takes on the formatting of the
text around it--AutoText is style-dependent, and it will follow your
formatting, but only if you are using styles properly. A style is a
collection of formatting instructions--if your Normal style is 12pt, the
AutoText in Normal style will be 12 pt even if you selected the pre-existing
text and made it 10pt. If instead of selecting the text and making it 10pt,
you change the Normal style to 10pt, the AutoText will also be 10pt.

Read up on AutoText and AutoCorrect at these sites.

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm

On 2/21/05 5:05 PM, "Maurice" wrote:

I have a piece of text that I use in nearly every document I write.
Unfortunately, when I hit enter to insert the text in a document, the
formatting of the inserted text does not often match the body of the text it
is in. The text always inserts in 12 point even though the text around it is
in 10 point. Is there any way of inserting the text without the formatting?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Charles Kenyon

AutoText entries without a paragraph mark will take on the style of the
paragraph in which they are inserted. Those with one or more paragraph marks
will take on the style characteristics of the style in which they were
originally saved. I suspect you are using direct formatting and have one or
more paragraph marks in your AutoText. See
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/styles.htm for more about styles.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Maurice" wrote in message
I have a piece of text that I use in nearly every document I write.
Unfortunately, when I hit enter to insert the text in a document, the
formatting of the inserted text does not often match the body of the text
it
is in. The text always inserts in 12 point even though the text around it
is
in 10 point. Is there any way of inserting the text without the
formatting?

Numbers to appear at the cursor... ~D~ New Users 11 February 1st 05 05:49 AM
Insert, edit and delete text in protected document homeofbonnie Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 05 03:31 PM
Word 2003 Insert Text Box Providing Canvas and Text Box s00t00 Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 05 03:05 AM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 03:49 PM
Is paste special the only way to insert unformatted text Lucian Sitwell Microsoft Word Help 3 December 15th 04 09:40 PM