Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Randy Schmid Randy Schmid is offline

Default Want to set bookmark value if not set

I have a document that may either be included in a master, or printed by
itself. In this document, I have a field I want to either print the bookmark
value from the master, or use an ASK or FILL-IN function to get a new value.

I have tried using the following field:
{ IF ProjectManager "" "{ REF ProjectManager }" "{ FILLIN ""Who is the
Project Manager?"" \d "My Name" }" }
where ProjectManager is the bookmark name. This does not work (I am
guessing) because the parser can't figure out how to pair up sets of quotes.

Any ideas how to make this work?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Randy Schmid Randy Schmid is offline

I solved my own problem. First, there was one spot where I used 2-"s
together (trying to help the parser) but that had nothing to do with it. The
key was to replace the respective pairs of {} by inserting them using
ctrl-F9, instead of typing them in.

"Randy Schmid" wrote:

I have a document that may either be included in a master, or printed by
itself. In this document, I have a field I want to either print the bookmark
value from the master, or use an ASK or FILL-IN function to get a new value.

I have tried using the following field:
{ IF ProjectManager "" "{ REF ProjectManager }" "{ FILLIN ""Who is the
Project Manager?"" \d "My Name" }" }
where ProjectManager is the bookmark name. This does not work (I am
guessing) because the parser can't figure out how to pair up sets of quotes.

Any ideas how to make this work?

Bookmark and REF ODog Trying NewTricks Microsoft Word Help 14 May 12th 10 03:44 PM
Bookmark Alan T New Users 5 January 31st 07 10:09 AM
My noteref to valid bookmark says "Error! Bookmark not defined."? jchilders_98 Microsoft Word Help 3 October 5th 06 02:23 PM
The Insert Bookmark box shouldnt vanish after adding a bookmark. RogerKni Microsoft Word Help 4 September 26th 06 03:13 PM
Bookmark Afzal Khan Microsoft Word Help 1 October 21st 05 12:47 PM