Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
col_bbq col_bbq is offline

Default Printing business cards

I have designed some business cards using word 2000, using the Avery 8371
business card template. I print a test copy on regular paper, and compare it
to my business card stock. It lines up just fine ... but when I print it on
the business card stock, it doesn't line up with the perforations. I have
wasted alot of business card stock, and am getting extremely frustrated.
What can I do to resolve this issue??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If it lines up with the stock when printed on plain paper, but not on the
stock, the problem is with the paper handling of the printer. Some printers
are rubbish when it comes to handling card or labels.

col_bbq wrote:
I have designed some business cards using word 2000, using the Avery
8371 business card template. I print a test copy on regular paper,
and compare it to my business card stock. It lines up just fine ...
but when I print it on the business card stock, it doesn't line up
with the perforations. I have wasted alot of business card stock,
and am getting extremely frustrated. What can I do to resolve this
issue??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
col_bbq[_2_] col_bbq[_2_] is offline

Ok I have an HP Officejet 5510xi all-in-one printer. Do you have any
suggestions on what I can try to resolve this issues (short of buying a new
printer)??