Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sarah sarah is offline

Default word did not recover my docment i have lost work

microsift work did not save the work i did yesterday, so all the changes i
made to it were lost, is there any way in which i can recover my file with my
saved work on it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Microsoft doesn't 'save your work' you have to save it yourself. If you
don't save it there is nothing to recover.
Too late now - but see http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm

Sarah wrote:
microsift work did not save the work i did yesterday, so all the
changes i made to it were lost, is there any way in which i can
recover my file with my saved work on it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

is there any way in which i can recover my file with my
saved work on it?

If it was indeed saved, yes. It should be where you saved it. If you
double-clicked to open an email attachment for editing, then it would have
been saved to a temporary location. Set Windows Explorer to display hidden
files/folder, then search for the file from the root folder (e.g., C:\).

If you were editing a file and didn't save it yourself, then the file would
have been saved [in some form] only if backups were enabled, or if Word
crashed and AutoRecovery were enabled. In the former case, look for files
named Backup of*.wbk.

In the latter case, Word should have detected an .asd file the next time
Word started. You can search for this file manually; it would be in the
folder specificed in Tools - Options - Files Locations - AutoRecover files
(in Word 2007, Office button - Word Options - Save tab - AutoRecover file
location.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Sarah" wrote in message
microsift work did not save the work i did yesterday, so all the changes i
made to it were lost, is there any way in which i can recover my file with
my
saved work on it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you were editing a file and didn't save it yourself, then the file
would
have been saved [in some form] only if backups were enabled, or if Word
crashed and AutoRecovery were enabled. In the former case, look for files
named Backup of*.wbk.

The Backup of filename.wbk file is always the previous version of the
document, and it is not created until you have saved twice (the first save
creates Filename.doc, and the second save renames that file Backup of
Filename.wbk). So if the user didn't save the file, there will be no backup.
See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/AutomaticSave.htm

"Sarah" wrote in message
microsift work did not save the work i did yesterday, so all the changes

made to it were lost, is there any way in which i can recover my file

with
my
saved work on it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

True enough, but as the user seems to have completely lost track of the
document and was grasping at straws, my aim was to point out one of those
straws, i.e., that if backup had [ever] been enabled, then it's possible
that an earlier version of the file might still be available. That version
might be days or weeks old. Still, it might be better than nothing.

It's also possible that some form of the document still resides on disk in
the form of a .tmp file. Recovering bits from these files is iffy at best.
Still, there are times when a little bit is better than nothing at all.

--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you were editing a file and didn't save it yourself, then the file

would
have been saved [in some form] only if backups were enabled, or if Word
crashed and AutoRecovery were enabled. In the former case, look for files
named Backup of*.wbk.

The Backup of filename.wbk file is always the previous version of the
document, and it is not created until you have saved twice (the first save
creates Filename.doc, and the second save renames that file Backup of
Filename.wbk). So if the user didn't save the file, there will be no
backup.
See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/AutomaticSave.htm

so
all may benefit.

"Sarah" wrote in message
microsift work did not save the work i did yesterday, so all the
changes

made to it were lost, is there any way in which i can recover my file

with
my
saved work on it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
techpro techpro is offline

On 13 Jun, 13:02, Sarah wrote:
microsift work did not save the work i did yesterday, so all the changes i
made to it werelost, is there any way in which i canrecovermyfilewith my
saved work on it?

It really depends, but it won't hurt to try DOC Regenerator
http://www.tech-pro.net/doc-regenerator.html .