Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mint Mint is offline

Default Use 2 versions of Word

Since I can't "revert to the old style of MS Word" on a Vista systme,
can I install an
older version in addition to Word 2007 on a Vista system?

The ribbon tool is like a 3-legged turtle. :-)

Andy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's not Vista that has the new interface (with the Ribbon), it's Word
(Office, actually) 2007. You can install an older version alongside
Word2007, or you can install Word2007 alongside an older version in
Windows XP.

On Sep 24, 1:12*pm, Mint wrote:
Since I can't "revert to the old style of MS Word" on a Vista systme,
can I install an
older version in addition to Word 2007 on a Vista system?

The ribbon tool is like a 3-legged turtle. :-)

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can use Word 2003 and Word 2007 on the same computer. To prevent setup
from restoring the settings when switching between versions, see the
"Hacking the Registry" section of the article at
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mint" wrote in message
Since I can't "revert to the old style of MS Word" on a Vista systme,
can I install an
older version in addition to Word 2007 on a Vista system?

The ribbon tool is like a 3-legged turtle. :-)

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

If you want to have Word 2003 and Word 2007 on the same machine you must
install Word 2003 (more generally the older or oldest version) first. This
means you should uninstall Word 2007, install 2003, and then (re-) install
2007.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

On Sep 24, 1:12 pm, Mint wrote:
Since I can't "revert to the old style of MS Word" on a Vista systme,
can I install an
older version in addition to Word 2007 on a Vista system?

The ribbon tool is like a 3-legged turtle. :-)

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are willing to explore an alternative to the various suggestions
already made, consider running your older version of Word under a
version of Windows that you run as a virtual machine under Vista.

If that means nothing to you, you're probably better off ignoring my
suggestion :-)

The ribbon tool is like a 3-legged turtle. :-)

FWIW my turtle isn't leggist and wants a date :-)

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv

Mint wrote:
Since I can't "revert to the old style of MS Word" on a Vista systme,
can I install an
older version in addition to Word 2007 on a Vista system?

The ribbon tool is like a 3-legged turtle. :-)

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mint Mint is offline

Mint wrote:
Since I can't "revert to the old style of MS Word" on a Vista systme,
can I install an
older version in addition to Word 2007 on a Vista system?

The ribbon tool is like a 3-legged turtle. :-)

Andy

Thanks for all the responses to my problem.

Andy

versions in word jexie Microsoft Word Help 1 August 15th 09 01:11 PM
Word '07 versions... Max Microsoft Word Help 3 June 3rd 06 04:17 AM
Versions in Word Lottsfeldt New Users 2 January 11th 06 04:30 AM
Different versions of Word Max New Users 2 March 31st 05 09:51 PM
Word versions rjnl Microsoft Word Help 1 March 11th 05 01:47 AM