WayneS

Default Icon Blinks or Flashes

Word 2000 on Win2000 512 RAM Precision 220 Dell computer

This behavior just started.

No other programs are running in the foreground €“ NAV is running in the
background.

A document is open. I press Tools, Options. The Options window does not
appear. The Document €“ Microsoft Office icon at the bottom of the Windows
Window begins blinking or flashing. I click the icon and the Word document
reduces itself to the icon. I click the icon again and the Options Window
opens. I make a change and click OK. The Options Window disappears. I have
to click the icon to restore the document.

I have lost my Office upgrade cd and cannot download updates from MS.

Any help would be appreciated.

garfield-n-odie

Disable the Office Plugin that comes with Symantec/Norton AntiVirus. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office programs with
the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more info.