Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
spinchin spinchin is offline

Default 'The Modification is not allowed because the document is locked'

How do we unlock documents, we are unable to use word or excel (only 6 months
old) Microsoft office 2003. Unable to type into a blank or existing document
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Have you activated your copy of Office? Click Help Activate Product in any
Office application and see what it says.

Alternatively, it might be a trial version that has expired, in which case
you need to buy a permanent license.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman