Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Default will works suite 2002 allow editing of scanned documents?

You need OCR software. It will not be a simple scan in and make a few minor
tweaks tho. You can do the work with Word but you need to think about how
often you will be using that document. If it's a once or twice thing, it's
not worth it. JMHO

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"william huff" william wrote in message
I am using woks suite 2002 and excel xls reader in my net vista. Is
Microsoft
word able to allow for scanning a document and then using the document as
template?
In depth: If I have a document that i need to re-use that word didnt
create,will I be able to edit the page after I scan it? Such as change
dates
and numbers,or replace words in a paragraph or line for line text? My
system
is windows xp home. set up from the original programs,includeing works
suite
2002 , that came with the computer. If not id there a download or upgrade
works or word that will allow this function to take place.
Thanks for the help. Bill Huff