Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EcoleClassique EcoleClassique is offline

Default Word 2007 Appearance

How can I make Word 2007 "look like" Word 2003?

An inability to make the user interface look "normal" would be a serious
problem.

Ideas?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I wasn't crazy about it when I first got it (too soft-focus all round), but
after a while you stop looking at the actual toolbars and buttons and just
stab for the command you want in the place you're used to finding it!

"Jim Wood" wrote in message
Yes, Suzanne, I suppose I'll have to. (At least Word 2003 makes booklets,
though only your method with the wide margins makes readable PDFs!)

Thanks to MVPs like yourself, the intricacies of these programs can be
understood and their idiosyncrasies usually tolerated. At least I know

how
to get rid of that @#X%# Dancing Paperclip!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You'll get used to it.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jim Wood" wrote in message
I recently replaced Word 2003 (only) with Word 2003 from Office 2003.

Is
there any way to get the 'look' of the old program back? I'm really
annoyed
by the lack of barriers between the toolbars. A picky point, but...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can't! The new interface is integral to the product. If you don't like
the new layout, stick with Word 2003.